How the Mini Sigma Filter Works
Amiad’s Mini Sigma filter is the newest addition to the Sigma family. It is a small and lightweight yet durable filter;
quick and easy to install, simple to operate, and requires minimal maintenance. The Mini Sigma filter was developed
to handle low pressure operation, with a capacity of up to 80 m3/h (352 gpm) and with filtration degrees from
80-500 micron. Inlet/outlet connections are available in 50 mm (2”), 80 mm (3”), and 100 mm (4”) diameter.
Filters include a 40 mm (1.5”) flush valve.
Raw water enters through the filter inlet and passes through the screen. Clean water flows through the filter outlet.
The gradual dirt buildup on the screen’s inner surface causes a filter cake to develop, creating an increase in the
pressure differential across the filter system. A differential pressure (DP) switch senses the pressure differential and
when it reaches a pre-set level, the self-cleaning process begins.
The Filtration Process
Amiad’s ADI-P controller offers a one-of-a-kind monitoring and control functionality. The controller interacts with Amiad’s
advanced, user-friendly app that provides detailed filtration performance data on your mobile phone device.
The self-cleaning mechanism is controlled and monitored by the ADI-P controller. The self-cleaning cycle is triggered
by an integrated DP switch.
The ADI-P controller and mobile app also provide:
The Control System - Amiad’s NEW ADI-P Controller
- DP and flush cycle counters
- Alerts – low/high pressures, low battery
- Reports and performance history data
The self-cleaning cycle is initiated by any one of the following conditions:
The Self-Cleaning Process
1. Signal from the DP switch, pre-set at 7 psi (0.5 bar)
2. Time interval parameter set at the controller
3. Manual start, triggered by the ADI-P mobile app (within Bluetooth range) or via electronic controller keypad
The flush valve opens to atmosphere creating a strong suction force at the scanner nozzles, effectively removing dirt particles from the screen and discharging them from the filter.
Amiad’s Mini Sigma Series consists of the following models:
Mini Sigma Models
- 2'' Mini Sigma for up to 25 m3/h (110 gpm)
- 3'' Mini Sigma for up to 50 m3/h (220 gpm)
- 4'' Mini Sigma for up to 80 m3/h (352 gpm)